Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

A very special guest post from Russell


Hello park friends! I'm Russell the hedgehog and my friends at The Kiosk have invited me to post on their new blog – it’s a guide to all of the exciting things going on at the Kiosk at the Park and in the Park itself.
After a VERY busy summer, I thought I would hunker down in my nice pile of Autumn leaves and think about highlights, so here they are:
The Kiosk at the Park opened in what turned out to be the wettest June in ages! The Domino Brownies were a big hit, but the weather was rubbish!
Dominoes
I had to dig out my welly boots – all four of them – to trot down and get my morning juice and biscuits (traditionally milk and biscuits, but us hedgehogs are lactose-intolerant.) Even though it poured down with rain, loads of people came to have a warming cup of coffee and a cake or two and seek shelter on the cosy hay bales. Most excitingly,  LOTS of children came to enjoy a book at Storytime at the Park – they didn't know I was listening too! Storytime at the Park is on at 9.30 on Mondays – the perfect start to the week! And you can get your milk – or juice – and party rings for just £1.00. I always find that a few party rings kick off the week in style…
As the summer went on the sun started to come out – as did my sunglasses – and the Kiosk held some amazing events. There was the Oxjam takeover, the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning raising money for Macmillan Cancer Care, and even a visit from James the tea-dude from teapigs  – purveyors of popcorn flavoured tea, amongst others. Sadly though, they have not got round to making worm-flavoured tea yet. I must suggest it sometime.....
That's all for now - I hope to see you at The Kiosk very soon.  Make sure you ask for some paper and crayons if you come and draw a picture of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment